Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Can't make it on this date?
View additional dates.
Google Drive offers unlimited storage space to everyone at Ryerson to store files online and access them from anywhere, on any device with an internet connection. Google Drive also gives you access to web-based applications for creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more.
This 2 hour Introduction to Google Drive training course includes some demonstrations and hands-on activities to get you started with the following in Google Drive, and Google Docs:
- Uploading and storing files
- Collaboration with Google Docs
- Sharing & Permission settings for files and folders
- Organization and best practices (My Drive vs. Shared With Me)
- Seeing revision history, and all activity on files and folders
- Searching for Files
- Using Microsoft Office files with Google Drive
- Team Drives vs. using Google Drive folders
- Tips for departments and teams using Google Drive for file storage and sharing, and the available offerings at Ryerson to transition
Looking for team drive specific help, check out our other offering "Working as a Team: Using Team Drives in Google Drive"
***Please Note***: This hands-on course will require you to log into your own Ryerson Google Apps account (Ryerson Gmail, Google Calendar, or Google Drive, depending on the course). If you have enabled two-factor authentication for your Ryerson account, be sure to bring your device to this training to generate the one-time verification code so you can log in. This device is either your cell phone, your u2f key, or your one-time verification (OTV) device.