You are now in the main content area
eHR – Master the Recruiting application
Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Registration: Registration is closed.
Can't make it on this date?
View additional dates.
In this 2.5 hour workshop, you’ll learn the tasks and knowledge you need to use eHR's recruiting application. Demonstrations, discussions and hands-on activities guide you through the recruitment process starting with how to set-up a job and complete a hire.
Who should attend:
Department administrators/co-ordinators who manage local hiring and contracts.
What you’ll learn
- Create job openings and job postings for contract lecturers and academic assistant positions.
- Manage job openings, applicants and applications.
- Identify and respond to challenges that could arise.
- Change employee contracts if the workload changes from the original contract.
- Browser and computer navigation skills
- Introduction and course overview - Discover the topics to be covered and get an explanation of where to find help.
- Job openings, postings and applicants - Explore the first step in the recruitment process; create a job opening and posting. Learn several tasks to search for data and manage applicants. Know the rules that will help you understand transaction deadlines. Understand the difference between assistantship and contract lecturer positions, salary calculations and important information about CUPE hiring.
- Job offer, contract revisions, and terminations - Discover how to revise contract data such as change the start or end date of the contract or modify total contract hours. Explore the difficulties you could encounter when offers expire and learn how un-post and add revised offers.
- Wrap up and considerations - Review what you learned and determine your next steps in planning for successful CUPE hiring each semester.