Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Registration: Registration is closed.
Gmail and Google Calendar is available to all Ryerson students, faculty and staff, providing a complete web-based productivity solution including email, calendar, contacts, document editing, file storage, and more. It offers unlimited storage for your email and files, and the ability to access all your content from any device with an internet connection.
Since Ryerson offered G Suite for Education in 2012, more and more users and departments are fully utilizing the features G Suite has to offer.
This 2 hour Introduction to Gmail and Google Calendar training course focuses heavily on Gmail and Google Calendar, and provides a brief introduction to other G Suite applications.
- Sign in to your G Suite account
- G Suite common interface, accessing apps and account settings
- Overview of Gmail interface
- Compose and send email in Gmail
- Use labels and understand Conversation View in Gmail
- New Gmail features like Snooze, Nudges, and Hover Actions
- Perform advanced search in Gmail
- App integrations: Hangouts, Calendar, Keep, Tasks
- Access Gmail settings
- Create and organize contacts and contact groups
- Overview of Google Calendar interface
- Create calendar events, check free/busy status, and book resources
- Subscribe to a coworker’s calendar
- Access Google Calendar settings
- Introduction to other apps of interest (Drive, Groups, “Even more from Google”)
***Please Note***: This hands-on course will require you to log into your own Ryerson Google Apps account (Ryerson Gmail, Google Calendar, or Google Drive, depending on the course). If you have enabled two-factor authentication for your Ryerson account, be sure to bring your device to this training to generate the one-time verification code so you can log in. This device is either your cell phone, your U2F key, or your one-time verification (OTV) device.