Google Forms is available to all Ryerson students, faculty and staff. It provides a web-based interface for creating, modifying, sharing, and publishing forms, offering many flexible options to collect data from your audience. In addition to the core form functionality, it offers unparalleled web-based collaboration features making it easier than ever to work as a team. Due to integration with Google Drive, your Google Forms are always available on any internet-connected device.
This 2 hour Google Forms training course will demonstrate the power of Google Forms and enable you to create effective forms for surveys, quizzes, and other data collection needs.
- Create and design a Google Form with colours and themes
- Types of questions
- Add questions and sections
- Insert images and videos
- Using general settings to collect emails, set sign-in requirements and permissions
- Using presentation settings to show progress, shuffle, and customize confirmation message
- Using Quizz settings to automatically grade answers
- Sending or embedding the form and using pre-filled links
- Viewing responses and setting notifications for responses
- Create a Google Sheet to hold responses
- Collaboration features including:
- Adding collaborators
- Working concurrently with multiple users
***Please Note***: This hands-on course will require you to log into your own Ryerson Google Apps account (Ryerson Gmail, Google Calendar, or Google Drive, depending on the course). If you have enabled two-factor authentication for your Ryerson account, be sure to bring your device to this training to generate the one-time verification code so you can log in. This device is either your cell phone, your U2F key, or your one-time verification (OTV) device.
Looking for other G Suite training opportunities? Visit the Gmail and G Suite Training page.