No Show Fee:
Manager Approval: Required
Google Slides is available to all Ryerson students, faculty and staff. It provides a web-based interface for creating, modifying, and sharing visual presentations. In addition to the core presentation functionality, it offers unparalleled web-based collaboration features making it easier than ever to work as a team. Due to integration with Google Drive, your Google Slides are always available on any internet-connected device.
This 2 hour Google Slides training course will demonstrate the power of Google Slides and enable you to create compelling and effective presentations.
- Create a Google Slides presentation including many different slide layouts
- Insert images, videos, and draw shapes
- Insert charts directly and from Google Sheets
- Editing the master slide and layouts to make changes across the whole presentation
- Using Themes
- Import slides from another presentation
- Using transitions
- Using animations
- Creating hyperlinks to other documents and websites
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Cast your presentation to a Hangout or Google Cast device
- Publishing to the web, automatic transitions, and run continuously; using Google Slides as a Dashboard to display real-time data changes
- Collaboration features including:
- Working concurrently with multiple users
- Revision history
- Converting PowerPoint presentations to Google Slides format
- Convert Google Slides to other formats
***Please Note***: This hands-on course will require you to log into your own Ryerson Google Apps account (Ryerson Gmail, Google Calendar, or Google Drive, depending on the course). If you have enabled two-factor authentication for your Ryerson account, be sure to bring your device to this training to generate the one-time verification code so you can log in. This device is either your cell phone, your U2F key, or your one-time verification (OTV) device.
Looking for other G Suite training opportunities? Visit the Gmail and G Suite Training page.